A Level 3 Systems engineer with a focus on projects. Looking after client sizes of 10 - 200 users doing networking, M365 and server level projects.
Big is overrated. Big is complicated. Big is bureaucratic. Big is volume. Big is being a number. Big takes time. Big is out of control. Big is not end to end.
Small is manageable. Small is in control. Small is nimble. Small matters. Small is end to end. Small is autonomous. Small makes a difference. Small allows you to grow with those around you.
The value of a small IT company to your career is simply this. You get to do projects end to end and there's variety in what you do. You can do the SD WAN project, no need to send it to a separate Networking specialist. You can do the Sharepoint migration yourself and expand your skillset while also getting to know your client's businesses and IT environments really deeply. All this equates to great learning opportunities and avoids you getting pigeon holed in your career.
This will be equal most senior role in the company alongside the other level 3, who incidentally has been at the company for over 10 years. Want to make a difference? Jump up and down in a puddle not an ocean.
- Culture - growth oriented, excellence driven, they call a spade a spade, no beating around the bush
- Not crazy busy - they manage utilisation and workloads too avoid being under resourced.
- The role - Level 3 Systems, Cloud and Networking Projects and some escalated support.
- There's variety in the tech, no two days the same, you won't get bored.
- Paid exams and paid study time for certifications.
- Osborne Park office, potential for hybrid working down the track.
Typical projects and tech environments include
- Server migrations on-prem to Azure and M365 cloud
- Domain controller upgrades, MS SQL upgrades, Line- of-business app upgrades
- Firewall deployments, VPNs
- Switches - vlanning and monitoring performance
- Troubleshooting server performance issues
- Sharepoint migrations - files storage to onedrive, MS Teams integration
- Veeam deployment and backup installs in general
This company is close-knit and most importantly they back each other as a team. The best part though is, that you'll matter. You won't be just a number in a large company.
There's rarely any need for overtime or being on-call. They're just not that type of company. You'll be able to have a life and a job.
To meet the soft skill requirements of this role, you will have most of the following:
- Must enjoy people - the human type - you're talking to staff and clients
- Be positive, enjoy your work and life - Eeyore tendencies won't fit in here
- Have a voice!
- Have broad technical skills appropriate to small and mid tier business
What will it feel like to work here?
You'll feel appreciated as part of a small and friendly team. They're not the crazy busy type. They manage their growth well and have realistic expectations about what and how projects should be delivered in an MSP. Positivity is valued and knowledge sharing is appreciated. There's a feeling that your team mates will have your back and that progress and achievement is realised through a strong team culture.
I'm big on chatting through the detail... so apply if you're interested and I'll talk to you myself. That's the benefit of small.
Daniel Linden @ Transparency