Culture -- so hard to sum up. Probably best described by summarising the owner of this boutique MSP
- He's a rabid Eagles supporter.. he was there when they won the 2018 flag. (He's been on a downward weekend mood slide ever since).
- Fortunately he has a great sense of humour, so give him heaps about his team's performance and he'll have a laugh with you.
- He understands MSP's and the ups and downs of working for them. He'll work with you to minimise the downside and maximise the ups.
- I've not heard a bad word said about him, even by outgoing staff.
- He promotes training and self development and compensates for achievements gained
- He's successful and that's built on the back of looking after his team.
- He takes grads and juniors and makes really talented systems engineers out of them.
So what is he looking for?
Strong desktop support skillset with some M365 cloud admin and troubleshooting skills. Someone that would love to advance themselves quickly in an MSP environment. Even someone at a graduate level but with some skills developed through self learning, home lab environments.
- Great advancement opportunities
- Feel valued and be an important part of the team
- A sense of humour, friendly personality, highly valued here!
- Friendly and fun company culture - led by the owner who always enjoys a laugh...
- Mature, cloud-based MSP - you will learn a lot of cutting edge stuff here
- Learn quickly and progress to a systems engineer!
Day to day you will be doing support tickets, remotely or onsite. So you'll need to be comfortable driving to client sites and working in front of clients as well. If you haven't done this before, don't worry, you'll be eased slowly into this side of it.
They have a really open, accessible and helpful company culture. Creativity is highly valued, they spend time listening to their staff and the needs of their clients and creatively matching the two together to design solutions and innovative products. It's an exciting time to be in IT and the cloud has produced so many possibilities when it comes to developing new products quickly. This company values that kind of creative and proactive thinking. They pioneered cloud solutions in Perth and are still very strong in the public cloud space.
The ideal candidate would have a combination of great communication skills and IT expertise to be able to deliver excellent customer service experience to the company's wide range of clients.
Did I mention communication skills? - really sharp, mature, professional, client facing communication skills... that's a non-negotiable.
Strong support experience with the following technologies are needed –
- Windows Desktops in AD environments
- Server admin, log checking, troubleshooting
- Backup checking and maintenance
- Office products and Outlook in an Exchange Online and Microsoft 365 environment
- Some knowledge and a keen interest in the M365 cloud environment, Azure AD etc.
- Active Directory and user management
- Profile creation and management on desktops
- Terminal Server / thin client knowledge
- patching and hardware knowledge
In this role, you will get to make use of your great troubleshooting skills, combining this with a flair for communicating with non-technical clients. If you have a combination of solid desktop and server support skills blended with energetic customer service, apply now.
To meet the requirements of this role, you will have most of the following:
- Slick phone and remote support skills
- A great team player
- Be rigorous in managing daily tasks
- A robust sense of humour
- Results driven work ethic
While technical proficiency is required, the right kind of friendly, customer focused personality is the higher priority and the ability to learn technical concepts quickly.
So challenge me - hit me with your resumes people.. prove to me you have what it takes.
The Team @ Transparency