Some MSPs are too big to feel comfortable, more of a number and a body on a seat than somewhere you feel you're really needed. Sure there's plenty of structure and resources but that's not everything.
Some MSPs are too small. They simply don't have the scale and haven't matured enough to have good structures and procedures for consistently delivering for their clients.
Some MSPs are just right. Big enough to have good structure in place for delivery, small enough to be nimble and feel like everyone is playing a crucial role. Large enough to be professional and competitive and financially stable, small enough to care.
This is a critical role that really matters in an MSP that feels, just right.
It's a Senior Support Engineer role at a well structured & growth oriented MSP. There's about 25 people here and the Senior Support Engineer role looks after a number of named Managed Services clients. There's a lot of escalated support work and some projects that are delivered for the clients you look after. It's a role where you'll own the client relationship from a technical point of view and make the calls on what's required for their environment.
What are the career growth options? Either into a more dedicated infrastructure project services role, including team lead and management options or into a more specialist position in business systems and automation where you can go deep with the M365 suite around Sharepoint, Powerapps and Power Automate.
Why else would you work here?
- Paid overtime if wanted, on call allowance
- 2 days work from home
- Study time given for certifications - 6 days per year
- They do solutions in Power BI, Power Apps and Powerautomate - your chance to learn in demand skills.
- A genuine Senior Support Engineer/Technician with the skills to prove it
- Someone who can solve the problems no one else can...
- MSP or similar time based billing environment experience (highly preferred)
- Keenness to learn and work in a Managed Services Provider
Attention to detail, doing the job well, and being on top of your game technically are all essential attributes for this role. You will need to have outstanding customer service and communication skills, be able to work in a team and couple this with solid, broad tech skills. If you work for or have worked for a Managed Services Provider or IT consultancy looking after small and medium sized businesses then you are in the box seat for this role.
Reasonable support and strong troubleshooting experience with the following technologies are needed or desired–
- Strong M365 skills and experience
- Infrastructure and networking
- Application support (MS Office, line of business, etc)
- Microsoft Stack and Security
- ConnectWise or other PSA/RMM platform experience
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Virtualisation experience
- Public Cloud Technology
This role goes beyond fixing the immediate problem; you identify recurring issues and recommend long term sustainable solutions. As a senior, you will also be responsible for supporting and coaching junior techs.
To meet the requirements of this role, you will have most of the following:
- Highly organised and effective communicator
- Outstanding interpersonal skills at all levels of business
- Inquisitive nature with strong desire to solve problems and identify root cause
- Must be a team player!
- Strong desire to learn, share knowledge and grow
- A robust sense of humour - have a laugh with others, maybe sometimes at yourself!
- Results driven work ethic
- Patience and perseverance
- Keep it simple
The key thing here is breadth of skills and a real keenness to learn and excel in a Managed Services environment. So challenge me - hit me with your resumes people.. prove to me you have what it takes.
The Team @ Transparency