Great MSP team culture. Internal promotion first policy. Training is constant through mentoring plus a personal training budget.
- Team culture and an inspiring workplace is the critical thing here
- Tech training budget and plan for everyone
- They promote internally.. always! Growth is a core value.
Work hard while you're at work. Leave it behind when you go home.
Career progression through internal promotion, supportive culture and training. These are the 3 things I hear from candidates as their top requirements and they are definitely the top 3 things this client prides themselves on.
- Company culture - mature, well defined, caring, fun, friendly, growth minded and community focused
- A large and growing MSP that does things properly
- A strong and very stable company. Driven by a fantastically successful technical support model.
- Not just support, project work too!
So this is a job for anyone with serious tech support skills and IT company experience that enjoys looking after small to medium sized businesses (20 - 200 seats typically) doing both project and support work onsite or remotely. Ethics and a culture of excellence is absolutely key in this environment. Have I emphasised culture enough? ;-)
Day to day you'll be working in a team to resolve problems, mainly remotely and onsite. You'll also be working on projects either by yourself or with the mentoring of others. The team dynamic means you'll be well supported. Your knowledge is what will dictate what tickets you work on, not your position. You're not limited by anything other than what you know. You will be able to be hands on solving server and networking tickets autonomously, not just your standard desktop and user issues. You can get help from more senior tech's when you need it, not purely escalate and forget.
Genuine mid level systems engineer role:
- MSP or similar time based billing environment experience needed
- Even if you feel you've done other MSP roles and they're not for you, you'll want to reconsider for this one. The staff retention ratio here is extremely high!
Attention to detail, doing a job well, and being on top of your game technically are all essential attributes for this role. You will need to have outstanding customer service communication skills, be able to work in a team and have solid, broad tech skills. If you currently work for a smaller MSP, this could be a great step up for you. They really do things well. They're organised, empathetic and driven to be better for the well being of their clients and staff.
Solid support or some project experience with the following technologies are needed or desired–
- Windows Desktops in AD environments
- Windows Server 2008 - 2016 - admin/install experience
- Office 365 admin, support experience
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Good network troubleshooting skills
- Virtualisation experience - Vmware/Hyper V
- Sharepoint, Onedrive admin and support abilities would be highly advantageous
To meet the requirements of this role, you will:
- Be a professional - do things well, the right way
- Being introverted and/or conservative is absolutely fine, my client loves all types
- Care about doing a good job and adding value
- Care about others
- Be smart, a little bit of cleverness will go a long way.
- Connectwise or similar experience
I guess the key thing here is breadth of skills and a real keenness to excel in a Managed Services environment. So challenge me - hit me with your resumes people.. prove to me you have what it takes.
If you're still not sure, send me an email at email@example.com and I'll send you a video with more information.
The Team @ Transparency