This one's for the true technicians. The master craftsman that loves to do things properly and at scale. It'll appeal if you're technically smart, at the top of your game for the company you're in but you're running out of challenges. Perhaps half your role is projects and half escalated support, this role is going to mainly systems/cloud projects at the mid tier and enterprise level. Maybe you're still dealing with some user issues but you really want to be more focused on systems/cloud projects and even networks and infrastructure, and you want to be working on larger environments, bigger toys. Keep reading :)
Or maybe you're part of one of those large enterprise entities where you get to play with big toys but are more of a number or play only a small part in a really large project. Here you'll get to work on large projects but with end to end visibility. You'll matter, and you'll learn a lot.
Here's what you'll be doing and what skills you'll need. (These are examples, you won't need experience in everything)
- Infrastructure and cloud projects for sites of 500 users and above.
- Ability to solo deliver Office 365 migrations
- Exchange Online Hybrid migrations from existing on-premises clustered Exchange environments
- E5 Security (ATP Endpoint Defender and Email Filtering)
- Deployment of Endpoint Manager (formerly known as Intune)
- Sharepoint File Migration (on-prem file servers to cloud using sharepoint migration tool or similar)
- OneDrive deployment and configuration
- Strong skills administering Microsoft Azure
- Desktop Deployment (Microsoft SCCM, Windows Deployment Services)
- Experience with Windows Server Platform
- Experience with numerous backup products (Veeam, StorageCraft)
- Experience with DELL EMC Storage and Servers
- Microsoft Certifications are highly regarded
My client punches well above their weight and is a go to provider for IT projects across networking, cloud, security and infrastructure for mid tier and government clients. It's a boutique IT company with a technical leader who is so passionate about technology you're bound to love him and spend hours nerding out with him on the merits of various solution options for end clients. Their clients are enterprises and government departments in various verticals and the solutions are always innovative and professional which adds to their reputation.
The engineer we're looking for is someone who'll fit in well to the technical culture of the place. You don't have to be a real senior IT projects person right now, as you will be well mentored along the way, you will have to be able to let your passion for infrastructure and cloud shine through though. You'll be a good communicator and someone that can work face to face with clients. While personality is important, it's technical passion that will see you fly through the interview with my client.
They offer flexibility around hours with start and finish times and working from home in a hybrid manner is absolutely fine.
So if you're ready for a new challenge, you've got mid to senior level Systems Engineer skills and a strong desire to learn more. Then I'd love to speak with you, apply now and we'll have a face to face or video chat and take things from there.