What's not to love?
- Great people - I know, I placed a lot of them.. they're helpful team players.
- You will learn and grow fast.. this position has come about because of the fast growth of other support staff
- Genuine level 1 and 2 tech support, working directly with end users/clients
- A truly well run, fast growing Managed Services Provider - the place to be to grow your skills.
Ideally you'll have a combination of soft skills and IT expertise to be able to deliver great customer service experience to the company's wide range of clients. Attention to detail, doing a job well, and being on top of your game technically are all essential attributes for this role. You'll be the type of person that likes to own the problem and work it through to the end, even if it means getting help along the way. That's also why it's a great place to learn though.
Did I mention communication skills - really sharp, professional, client facing communication skills... good, just checking ;-)
Reasonable support and strong troubleshooting experience with the following technologies, are needed or desired–
- Windows Server on-prem support/admin experience
- Windows Desktops in AD environments
- Office 365 - support/admin console knowledge
- Active Directory, folders and permissions
- Good troubleshooting process and asking the right questions
- Workstation imaging and pre-deployment configurations
Day to day this is a support role with a lot of tickets being done remotely. But you aren't limited by access, only by your own knowledge. You won't have to escalate a ticket never to see it again and forever wonder how it was resolved. You'll get help to resolve it yourself when needed and that's why you'll learn a lot, fast.. working on all the different client environments, not just one stagnating internal IT system with bureaucratic escalation procedures.
The three key things that will make you an outstanding success in this role:
- Must be a team player - not just someone that gets along with the team but speaks up with ideas and relevant knowledge, have an opinion.
- Strong desire to learn and go deep with the management toolset - Connectwise / Automate
- A good understanding of the service delivery process. Owning tickets, expert in speaking to non technical people.
The key thing here is breadth of skills and a real keenness to learn and excel in a Managed Services environment. So challenge me - hit me with your resumes people.. prove to me you have what it takes.
For other interesting stuff in the IT jobs world , check out our blog at transparencyit.com/blog and follow me on linkedin linkedin.com/in/djlinden
Daniel Linden and the team @ Transparency