We're excited because our client really does things a little differently to most IT companies. Here's how:
- They back their engineers to grow their skills in the engineer's area of interest
- They then pay for training courses to enable the engineer to certify
- They work closely with their clients by having senior engineers working inside the end client's IT team
- There is a variety of work at different client sites but you are likely to be spending at least one day per week on a different client site
- All work is performed onsite at the client and mainly these are in the education or medical sector - making a difference!
- You'll get to play with enterprise level technology on large sites.
- You will work with clients at a strategic level. Planning their future IT needs and projects.
And check out these staff benefits... best company I have seen for training hands down.
- 20% time - they ensure engineers are not regularly booked for more than 80% of their time, leaving the other 20% of their time free to promote professional and personal development, passion projects, and administrative catch-up
- Heavy investment in training - individualised training plans, allocation of time for training, regularly paying for training & conferences, etc. Training is their second largest operating expense, after wages and superannuation.
- Day off a month - they ensure all staff have access to a long weekend every month - because they’re great!
- High class toolset - MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, any tools you need or want to make your job easier
- Monthly technical training night - they get the team back in house at least once a month to cover off a technical topic in more detail, with food & drinks provided
- Minimise overtime - the majority of the team do not work overtime; they try to keep it family friendly!
- Staff discount - staff can purchase at cost price anything they need
- Salary sacrificing is offered for staff that wish to access it
- Social Club which runs an event multiple times per annum
- Team building events which run multiple times per annum
If you are passionate about IT and have level 2 to 3 sys admin type skills, you won't want to miss this opportunity.
Genuine Level 2 / 3 Systems Admin role
- Nail project after project and get quick wins with small projects and support issues each week
- Provide escalated support to other members of the client's IT team
- Have the advantage of being employed by the IT company with good support from other tech people
Attention to detail, doing a job well, and being on top of your game technically are all essential attributes for this role. You will need to have outstanding customer service communication skills be able to work autonomously and have solid, broad tech skills.
This company is close-knit, fun and most importantly they back each other as a team. Team work is essential and they know a good fun, team environment is critical to people enjoying their jobs. It's also why they don't want their staff working long hours, they'll pay for overtime if it is required, and they always make sure there is one day scheduled in the office each week to catch up on admin work and so you're not always in front of a client.
Reasonable experience with the following technologies are needed or desired–
- Windows Server 2008 - 2019 - admin/install experience
- Exchange Online admin experience
- Microsoft 365 experience - support/admin/migration
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Wireless audits, deployments, troubleshooting
- Good network troubleshooting skills, switching, routing, vlans etc.
- Virtualisation experience
- MDM experience very helpful (Intune, Jamf etc)
- Apple products and education experience, helpful not essential
- insert your specialisation and passion here - we want it!
To meet the soft skill requirements of this role, you will have most of the following:
- Must enjoy people - the human type - you're in front of the client a lot of the time
- Be efficient but you won't have to worry about where to charge every minute, because you'll be onsite at the client
- Can work without direction and self -motivated after 6 months or so of client work.
- Enjoy your work and life - Eeyore tendencies won't fit in here
- Be a team player, there are plenty of team building activities on company time and dime, as well as social club events.
I guess the key thing here is breadth of skills and a real keenness to nail projects and work amongst different client IT teams and impress them.
Strong experience with things like Windows 10 Upgrade roll out SOE projects, AD clean up, Audit and security, Wireless roll outs, MDM, Bitlocker encryption and many more sys admin style projects will put you in the best position for this role.
So challenge me - hit me with your resumes people.. prove to me you have what it takes. Apply below for the role now.
Daniel Linden @ Transparency