This place is friendly.. quite possibly the friendliest MSP (Managed Service Provider) you'll find this side of the equator, quite possibly the world, but I have little first hand knowledge of MSP's that aren't down under. I digress. Why is friendly important? Because it flows through their whole company, from internal communication with management, to the way they service their clients, personally and most often face to face.
The fun tech stuff, most of which is needed – not just about supporting these environments but helping design new solutions as well.
- Windows Desktops in AD environments
- Azure AD and related security and MFA
- Windows Server 2008 - 2019
- Exchange Online, Office 365 - admin/support/migrations
- Active Directory, GP, Microsoft SQL
- Hyper V, Terminal Server, VPNs
- Switches, Routers - able to troubleshoot networking issues to a reasonable level. Usually GUI based.
- Multi-site experience desired - vlans, site to site vpns exposure for troubleshooting and traffic capturing
My client wants MSP experience. Sorry. I can't help it, they just do. It's the whole multi client, time billing thing which many IT people find hard to adjust to coming from internal environments. But here's the thing. Keep this on the quiet, hopefully they don't read my ads. If you've got some good skills and you feel you're a great fit for the role but for the MSP experience.. apply anyway and leave it with me. I mean, make your case, tell me how good you are and why you can knock it out of the park at an MSP. If we chat and I agree, then I'll go into bat for you. Using all my powers of persuasion, putting my reputation on the line for you.. sort of bloke I am. ;-)
Some people call the below soft skills - I don't know why. We need these though:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - be good with people. Like them a whole lot.
- A broad skill set and up to date knowledge of infrastructure, comms and business systems/applications. You are a techie right!?
- A willingness to learn - probably the most important part. You can be taught what you don't know.
- Contribute high quality documentation. (Yes, sorry - I know you're a techie but it's part of the job).
- Help design solutions for clients with the sales team
- MSP experience and knowledge in MSP tools (ConnectWise, Kaseya, Nable, ScreenConnect, any of these) are highly desirable. (Psst.. see para above)
I'm impressed with this client because even though they've been a stable IT provider in the industry for a long time, their focus on growth in the last few years has really expanded their team and clientele. Joining now will mean you'll get to join their growth curve and they celebrate their growth with bonuses for all staff. More than that though, their inclusive culture and service focus makes it a great place to work for any engineer that is motivated by happy clients and interesting and diverse technology. I've placed 5 or more people here over the last 3 years and I always get great feedback about how much they love working here.
So challenge me - hit me with your resumes people.. prove to me you have what it takes. If you'd like to chat to me directly about the role first, please call me on 0414864050.
Daniel Linden and the team @ Transparency